Sunday, February 17, 2008

MAC address keeps chaging after every boot

Hello Everyone,

I recently installed Ubuntu 7.10 Gusty Gibbon and found that the MAC address of my network card keep on changing and the “eth” keeps on incrementing by one (ex: eth1, eth2, eth20)
I really dont know why this happens but I mange to fix that by deleting 2 files,Please be advise that I am not resposible how this might work for you.
Also please make a back up befo\zre you deleted them

cd /etc/udev/rules.d/
mkdir ~/backup
cp 70-persistent-net.rules ~/backup
cp 75-persistent-net-generator.rules ~/backup
sudo rm -rf 70-persistent-net.rules
sudo rm -rf 75-persistent-net-generator.rules

Reboot and that should fix the problem


those are just some of the problem I mange to solve,just have one more to go.
My system hangs every now and then

Notice:
This works only ubuntu 7.10 32 bits and 64 bits,Dont know about the rest but feel free to tell us if it works on anyother.

No comments: